Dr. Chandawarkar is a Harvard-educated, fellowship-trained plastic surgeon who is excited to combine his prestigious training and innovative vision on the cutting edge of plastic surgery to deliver the full range of patient-centered cosmetic treatments and surgeries.
Meet Dr. Chandawarkar
Dr. Akash Chandawarkar - Northeast Florida Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Akash Chandawarkar is the son of immigrant parents from India who both moved to America in pursuit of better educational opportunities. As a result, from a young age, the importance of education and work ethic was instilled in him while growing up on the New Jersey shore. Dr. Chandawarkar has chased the best education all over the country to hone his craft. He and his wife, Carly, most recently moved from New York City and are excited to join the welcoming community in the greater Jacksonville area.
Education and Training
- 2005-2009: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, Bachelor of Science (S.B.)
- 2009-2014: Harvard Medical School, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology (HST), Boston, MA, Doctorate of Medicine (M.D. cum laude with Honors in a Special Field)
- 2014-2021: Johns Hopkins University/University of Maryland, Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Baltimore, MD
- 2016-2017: Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign, Biodesign Innovation Fellowship, Stanford, CA; Life Science Angels Fellowship, Palo Alto, CA
- 2021-2022: Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat Hospital (MEETH) Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship (Aesthetic Society-endorsed), New York, NY
Specialties and Skills
- Aesthetic treatments, including injectables, lasers, non-invasives, and surgery of the breast and body
- Specialized fellowship training in facial surgery, including facelift, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), browlifts, and necklifts
- Unique experience treating male patients