When it comes to neuromodulators (wrinkle relaxers), Dysport® may not be as well-known as Botox®; however, Dysport has some major advantages. This injectable treatment is especially effective for addressing crow’s feet and forehead creases.
What is Dysport?
In short, Dysport is very much like Botox — only it uses a thinner gel that gives it some key differences. Some patients find that they prefer Dysport to Botox due to these small nuances, which include an incredibly smooth spread of the product; the ability to treat larger areas, and more natural-looking disbursement.
Key Benefits of Dysport
- Especially good for horizontal forehead creases, crow’s feet, and vertical lines between the brows
- Quick and convenient treatments
- Minimal downtime
- Spreads very nicely
- Can be used as a preventative for future wrinkles
- Works for some patients whom Botox no longer works
- Natural-looking results up to four months
Dysport Treatments at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery
Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery was established in 1993, and since then, we continue to grow, progress, and evolve. We now have a large team of board-certified plastic surgeons, Advanced Aesthetic Practitioners and skin health specialists covering Northeast Florida. We also have multiple locations and our own surgery center. When you choose PVPS, you’re choosing elevated service, standards, and professionalism.
We believe that what sets us apart is our continuing education, our national trainers on staff, and our Care Teams.
We want the very best results for you, delivered in a safe and effective manner. If you’re interested to see what Dysport or any other treatments we offer can do for you, we invite you to contact us today.
The Dysport Lip Flip
If you’d like a little more contour and fullness to your lips, the Dysport lip flip is an excellent alternative to dermal fillers. With a Dysport lip flip, the product is injected into the muscles just above the upper lip. This makes the top lip lift slightly upward, “flip” out, and reveal more of the pink underside. The result is a poutier, more shapely, and youthful upper lip.
Dysport Treatment Details
Dysport is administered with injections during a quick, in-office visit. Before the injections, your skin will be cleansed and prepared, and if you prefer a numbing topical, we will provide one. The Dysport injections will then be delivered into the muscles of the face. Results are usually apparent at 1-3 days and can last 4-6 months. Maintenance sessions can be done every 90 days.
Side Effects & Aftercare
Although there’s no downtime with Dysport, some patients experience temporary side effects such as swelling, bruising, tenderness, inflammation, headache, and nausea. If you’re concerned about any of these side effects, please bring them up to us during your consultation.
For the best results from Dysport, we encourage you to avoid the following:
- Putting makeup on (for four hours after treatment)
- Anything where your head will be facing downward (for four hours)
- Lying down or reclining (for six hours)
- Consuming alcohol (for 24 hours)
- Taking any kind of blood thinner (for two days)
- Putting pressure on your face/rubbing/scrubbing (1-3 days)
- Hot yoga, showers, saunas, hot tubs, baths, etc. (for 1-3 days)
- Positioning your head below your heart (1-3 days)
- Tanning and/or facials (one week)
- Strenuous exercise (one week)
Ideal Candidates for Dysport
- Are 18 years old or older
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Want to improve facial lines and wrinkles
- Are interested in preventing future wrinkles from developing
- Do not have allergies to milk or the ingredients of Dysport
- Do not have a neurological disorder
- Are not on any type of medication for muscle spasms
- Are in overall good health
- Fully understand the treatment, risks, and what to expect